I just have to make myself do it

Do you catch yourself saying that you will make yourself do something? I wonder how often that works out for you. When I hear the phrase, I will admit that I do not count on hearing that "something" got done. "Make myself" is often a plan to expend more energy on thinking than on doing.

If you really want to get something done today, tell yourself "I will do something," imagine yourself doing "something" and then imagine yourself after you have done "something." No "making" is required. If you have the ability, do "something." If you are missing a necessary skill or resource, acquire it. And if it's not worth doing, let it go.

You cannot "make" yourself do something - you can only "make yourself" into something.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

"Yes" sets for building agreement and manipulation

The hypnotic contract

The fine line between observations, suggestions and commands